Sunday, July 11, 2021

13,698. HASHEMITE KINGDOM OF THE DARDENELLES

HASHEMITE KINGDOM 
OF THE DARDENELLES 
'No such place exists and you sound like
something that should be in a roller derby;
some swaggering team of tough-guy
female skaters.'
-
So, I guess they had called me out, but
we were all quite drunk by then anyway.
The ancient music blared, and I was
hardly heard, so I cursed both Cain and
Abel and sent them on their way.
-
Wondering if they'd ever meet again, I
took up with the female to my left, who
said her name was Millie but whom I'd
always known as Jane. Her father was
once my boss. I always did like that
kid, and now she was nearer my age.
-
So, from the Book of Experience, I
took a page, and asked her of she'd like
another drink. She too misunderstood,
and simply shouted back: 'My Mother,
a fink? And how'd you find that out?

No comments: