Thursday, April 29, 2021

13,577. BREAKPOINT

BREAKPOINT
Never understanding why, I went
ahead anyway. It was 28 degrees 
by the clock on the siding. Temps
shown also. I wondered who ever
had first mixed the two things.
-
A fistful of sawdust felt a bit
warmer, but not by much  -  than
the open air by the siding; than
the loading dock under the hood.
I guessed it was just cold everywhere
and there was nothing to be done.
-
Fifteen years ago, I'd have had
coffee. Twenty-five years ago,
still a cold beer. The outside air
never mattered for that. Bikers
are dumb in those ways; and the
girls with those terra cotta sweaters,
were always showing nipple. 
-
An old  friend, Claude, once said
to one of them, 'Hey, where do you
girls buy those sweaters with bumps 
in them?' She laughed and said, 
'Nowhere you'd ever be, asshole.'
I guess we all laughed, but, really
I forget.

No comments: