Tuesday, April 13, 2021

13,548. IF THE POPE HAS CARDINALS

IF THE POPE HAS CARDINALS
I can't tell by recognition, for
the recognition is now all gone. 
My own Matterhorn has been
flattened and there's a hum in
the air. Something like a homing
pigeon, I grab it all on the fly yet
always manage returning home.
-
Hills and dales, boats and rails,
it manages to all be the same: One
fixed idea about 'movement' on a
surface too plain for contradiction.
'Holidays come and holidays go.'
-
The guy told me that when I asked
why his model-shop was closed. He
said 'Be patient, and it all comes back. I
no sooner close the door then I'm again
unlocking the same damned door.'
-
Pretty clever legerdemain, I suppose,
if it can be done by words. If the Pope 
has cardinals, does Batman not
have robins?

No comments: