Sunday, April 11, 2021

13,544. INCONGRUOUS

INCONGRUOUS 
What was I seeking in this
moving world? A library of 
time amidst a cosmos that
swirls? Yet everywhere I
turned solid objects were
dissembling and parts fell
away. The night sky, black
like black can be, stood on
watch, and high above rose
planets and stars. I made out
nothing clearly, but my faint
musing carried the day.
-
Checkerboards and filigrees;
stained nations and people all
on the move. Paralegals with
good intentions; clerks with
papers and orders but none
with finer pretensions than
keeping the cat in the house,
or tying the horse to the barn.
-
I learned long ago that all 
things are symbols and that 
the simple power of symbolizing 
is the one thing we all can do. 
An incongruous notion, but 
the way the world works.

No comments: