Monday, April 5, 2021

13,531. HAVERMYER BRIEFINGS

 HAVERMYER BRIEFINGS
Why is the hardware store selling
garbage cans? I wondered about
that, since no one around here really
uses them  -  bur I guess there are
townies and villagers who do. The
same with pavings and fences  -  
when I first got here, one of the
initial things I was told by those
around me was 'No new paving or
fences, please. Okay?' I surely
to that, hating both. No, I keep
to code but burn at will. Open
fire-barrels are just so cool.
-
I go down into town and see
different things: a bagel guy
bragging about his Brooklyn
bagels. Like those who eat would
know. Joke was on me  -  he was
'Vinny' from Brooklyn, and his
bagels are better than that! I look
at the girls, locals patrons with
curls, and from what I can see
they must surely eat them? 
-
Female mountain beauty is a way
different thing. One has to male
allowances : maybe it's sugar and
just eating too much. Junk. Chips.
Beer? One has to allow for the flab.
It's not like Park Ave. Between a
rock and a hard place here, there are
no fashion plates, and there are no
 sharp dressers. Cow. Moo. Dung.
-
You maybe listen to the short man
selling tractors, or small front-end
loaders  -  the kind of stuff that the
people with forty acres and a mule
must always need. He talks his case,
knowledgeably, indeed. I wonder if
they teach all that in Farmland Senior
High. I want to shake his hand and
see his wife and kids. It all, somehow,
seems that nice.

No comments: