Tuesday, September 15, 2020

13,116. TWO DISTANT POLES

TWO DISTANT POLES
The stars are back again for
another starry night : I reach
this point so often. Reaching
back into a memory packet,
my deep-space tendencies
start talking back to me. I've
heard so many things already, 
but always still there's more.
Not my strong point, all this
phraseology, and I haven't
felt this way since a long
time back. Did we talk 
again, once more like this, 
in a bookstore? I forget. 
The cabin that the rangers
keep along the high-ridge
trail, wth hose hiking books
of butterflies and mushrooms,
rocks, and shale? All those
interesting trailside things
to watch for? Yes, I think
now that was it. Long moons,
distant stars, planets, and,
even, shooting stars, the ones
that never stay in place? What's
all that about, and are there
destinations in such a place
as distant space?

No comments: