Friday, January 13, 2017

9073. GARISH POETIC ENFORCEMENT

GARISH POETIC 
ENFORCEMENT
Before the light has died down
in the canyon, I will love you
for Easter and beyond. I put my
long-lost car in hock for this. No
one knows the difference, but I'm
really soon riding to Georgia.
-
I may have parked my good-sense
on the shoreline just this once  -  
and I get so tired of listening only
to reason. Take me away, filigree,
and bring me back again when 
spell-check is passe. I have no
hold for holding any longer.
-
My thoughts come off as venom,
a pistol-packin' mama of some
small man's demise. We've got
a three-tiered competition going
now : Pizza Time runs Taste of
Italy to Little Caesar's backward
glance. I don't know who's running,
so I can't say who's in the lead.
-
I gave my stamp collection to that
rabid Cub Scout who came collecting
yesterday. He wanted seven-fifty for
some random week of the Home News
Tribune. I buried his head in the basement
and diced the rest of him with my new
Popeil's...something or other, I forget.
-
Yugoslavian financial maven's principal
oatmeal cortisone edge. Prescribed only
by doctors whit office hours on Wednesday
evenings. You have to dip in, and you
have to dip out. It's a real quick  cut-off, 
and that cute nurse is always there.
-
She told me once, after reading my
stuff, 'Boy, it may not sound like
much, but you're really professional
in whatever it is you do.'

No comments: