Sunday, January 8, 2017

9057. I DON'T STILL WORK AT THE GLEE CLUB

I DON'T STILL WORK 
AT THE GLEE CLUB
This tiny little mouse was running along
the wall, as quick as speed, and probably
fleeter. I watched that right-hand-turn into
the mouse hole. I'd never even seen it there 
before. I guess this old building's porous.
-
It was a while ago, and I've since left that
space; now me and Lefty O'Mara live in
a new place, over past 54th, way east,
where it turns into money. Every so 
often we select someone to rob. It's
still so easy, even with those alarm
system guys. The trick is the doorman.
-
Most all come from Queens or the Bronx;
hungry as Hell with their hands out too.
Yeah, it can work. You cut them in
or you grease them good; it's a cinch 
Today you're the carpenter from 
O'Manley's Woodfinish Workshop, 
measuring for bookshelves; and then
tomorrow, you're someone else.

No comments: