Friday, November 28, 2014

6107. HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF THE STILL-LIFE IN THE MIRROR

HOW TO SOLVE THE 
PROBLEM OF THE 
STILL-LIFE IN 
THE MIRROR
The first time ever I heard Camille Saint 
Saens' 'Carnival of the Animals', I was scared
out of my mind. Not so much by the music, but
by the concept itself    -  I was standing near some
Fourth Street hole and it just ran right through me.
Since that time, I've been living up to nothing. It
still amazes me. You listen to every inch and boil 
of what you hear; it knocks you dead.
-
I do not need the storyline to cross the dangered border:
there I am already, hip-boots at my neck, strange-hatched
crossfires nipping my face. I dissolve, and soon I'm gone.
-
Netherland. Neverland. Whatever do you mean? All
those strange, big animals are looming, lady, take your
shelter where you may, before I have my way. If there's
ammunition in your gunbelt, brother, show it now. I void
for no one, yet I'll piss in these woods  -  the wild things,
indeed, the wild things are running. That's all I ever see.

No comments: