Monday, November 24, 2014

6100. ALL THE BIGGEST WINNERS

ALL THE BIGGEST WINNERS
The way it goes nowadays is this: the painter
wears a mask, the carpenter has a new house,
the ballerina wears a gun. Dark shadows finger
the night, in an examination of something
unspoken while the woods crawl with endings.
Birnham Woods, to be exact  -  a large new
development on the outskirts of town.
-
Here's where I sit : myself lamenting something;
Banquo, Lady MacBeth, Duncan, I can't recall.
Out before me someone has a new car, a Honda
Dagger, it's called. I mutter strange words :
'Is that a Dagger I see before me?'
-
There's no complicity like an empty life  -  the
hip-hop boys are shagging flies in their baggy jeans.
The girls from the nearby projects jump rope on
this fine and sunny day. All their mothers, combined,
amount to nil. The world is an empty stage. 
We find ourselves stuck here, until...

No comments: