Friday, November 7, 2014

6056. JAPANESE LANTERN

JAPANESE LANTERN
Tea Garden balderdash amidst the lemon trees and
the California wedge, all those people  -  right there  -
sitting around in their so-polite fenzy. Tea drinkers
to be drunk, tea-sippers to sip. I follow the carriage
with my eyes as it enters this scene. Mikado? Or
can it be? Something so close to that reality.
-
She enters on little dog feet, tipping and tripping
along  -  the miraculous sash and that pursed little
mouth, the floral pattern bold on her cloak. I will
sit to say nothing at all, for I am not of this.
-
Cartoon character I am not. Stoned to situation,
frozen into place, secure within an emanation, I am.
A hundred little colored lanterns, each one lit, rolling
both  - up and down  -  this pleasant hillside.

No comments: