Monday, November 17, 2014

6080. TO ERASE THE PAST


TO ERASE THE PAST

To erase the past, wouldn't you just make
a future? Some new Code of Hammurabi
where the nickel isn't worth a dime, all bets
are off, and the circumstantial evidence doesn't
prove a goddamn thing? That's the way I'd want
it  :  armchair memories and sitting like a King.
-
Here instead I have a listless feeling that
someone's about to break my jaw, that my friend
Aleck really races his fearsome boats, that the new 
kid on the block really does have a...nine inch cock?
See what I mean, and how'd that get in there anyway  -
or is that a line for a girl to speak?
-
One day I just took it all out  -  grab my own gun and
put it to my forehead. I'd already drawn some dotted
lines to guide my hand across the image in the mirror.
Pow! Bang! There, now it's over.

No comments: