Monday, December 31, 2012

4049. THAT PLEADING AGAIN

THAT PLEADING AGAIN
Like some lark upending its cage-home, so my
outstretched arms tried reaching for you. The
warp and the mettle, the woof and the strength,
of all things within this world held me back. And
though my eyes were shining strong, that
glimmer of light was not enough. All I've
ever noticed were fences and locks.
-
I have so much to give, my little precious one:
the mind that stretches back a million years, to
even before the shape of a conscious world had
shape, the raging of wind on a meadow, the piffle
of rain on a brook. My heart is pounding for you
as I walk : vacant land and limbs and talk.
-
Oh, how all things have changed. Where once
the cavernous land of light and power stood
strong, now  -  like my heart and mind
themselves  -  the whole world grows
weary with waiting for you anew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gary! This is amazing. Simply amazing.

--A.E.