Saturday, December 8, 2012

4015. TAGGED AND TITLED

TAGGED AND TITLED
I've gone flooey thinking about you.
I've scaled the most comfortable oases I
could find, and only now have left the sphere
of thinking : obsessed and broken, like that
cow-shaped milk-pourer with a broken spout.
Everywhere I turn, the buildings have pride and
attitude, the sky looms, and even the taxi-drivers
scurry about wanting recompense and attention.
There's no extra card in my deck, the hand I've been
dealt is an unlucky one, and the dealer - that big guy
standing before me - wants everything back.
Oh Lord now! Where can I turn?
-
Outside the window, on a day it should be cold and
frosty, the air smells like sixty degrees above zero.
How fortunate is that? Do I wish to smell flowers and
cupcakes again? All those women's perfumes that
waft through the gracious and florid air? God, God,
how I hate the artificial gardens, these Edens with no
context, these paradise-warrens with no place to sit.
-
'Open the book, my fellow, turn to page 79. Read again
that psalm that has no meaning, those words that go
nowhere, jumbled on the page. And then - instead
of all that - listen to this : The fire consuming the
bush will narrow the point of distinction and, then
advancing towards you, bring a torching wisdom
to all that you do, and you will want for nothing
at all. But first, you must tell all the people...'

No comments: