Friday, December 14, 2012

4024. MADAGASCAR

MADAGASCAR
Where I'm going you can't come and where you
are I'm not going. Pretty simple equation, all that
sound logic : barflies and innkeepers, farmers' daughters
and middle-aged wives, everything all wrapped together.
I'm taking an African lunge. I'm peopling my tales
with exotics. I'm re-cementing the floorboards where
that lock will work again. Doors close, doors open.
I just don't know.
-
What's that matter with Kevin now? Has he hurt
his superstar hand again? More burned dreams 
of unbound glory  -  but everything's always so
far in the future. I'm turning one more time to
look at this American meadow  -  then I'm gone
forever on a deluge of doubt and remonstrance.
-
When they begin looking  -  if you see  -
tell them I've gone a'courting, and hoping
to find, one for them and one for me.
Where I'm going they can't come,
and where they are I won't be.

No comments: