Wednesday, December 12, 2012

4022. SHAKE THIS TOWN

SHAKE THIS TOWN
The wiry man with the wiry hand, the
tall, lanky fellow with glasses, I see him
out on a limb, clutching his handle and cup.
As he looks forward, behind him approaches
someone from Leatherstocking Tales. I don't
know how this has happened, but I am now
somewhere else again. I will shake this town
from my boot-heels and coat-flaps forever.
-
There's not a car to be seen and I am standing
alone on a bank overlooking a massive lake.
On the opposite shore someone or something 
is looking back at me. I will stand in place and
not flee  -  for all I know it is me. Whatever
the folding of Time has done, it has certainly
caught me looking - unawares and all alone.
-
I can't find a thing : no calendars, no hints
nor clues of what time this is, what year
and place. For all I know I've wrangled
my fate from another space  -  the town I
thought I'd just left has a different face.
I decide to stay. I will shake that town
from my heart and mind. I will stay
here, while not leaving a trace.

No comments: