Thursday, October 25, 2012

3945. TRAVEL

TRAVEL 
(leave me angry)
I denigrate nothing so much as
the moment that passes: We
weakly wave goodbye as
breathing takes our path. At
Baltimore's leafy Leakin Park,
I looked around me once to see
an empty lake; those men had
taken all the water. And, now,
she is standing near me, black
hair streaming, and I am in
the lake  -  but am I dreaming?
-
Once, while taking to the stage, I
saw a klieg light burning; nothing
much went on  -  all those smoke
and mirror things together. Blue notes
were beaming, the piano stood alone.
I fostered every entry, from Rosemont
to Federal Hill. I was nowhere, though
my ghost was in every detail.
-
Suffer me smothered to die.
Take me to Philadelphia. Put
me in Laurel Hill  -  and then,
whatever you do, leave me
angry and walk away.

No comments: