Friday, October 5, 2012

3912. VERNACULAR CARGO

VERNACULAR CARGO
All that faceless music, oh no, no more.
That little white shirt and all that chemistry
pays the American bills as I watch these
professionals talk to each other. And as
much as they are enablers, so much too
they are not. These things are really senseless
anyway, and the people I see depend too
much on each other. Too hell with their
collectivistic impulses. As I see it, the bird
a'flight, already on the wing, knows better.
It's gone. Oh, the ways of all Mankind: I am
your shirt, but I want to be your button.'
-
How about this - I'll let my fingers grow long,
you stay distant after dining, and I'll take my
wine on the run and never think twice about
what we've done. On the backside of 
plagiarism, I notice, through the window, 
that man who is mowing his lawn.

No comments: