Wednesday, October 10, 2012

3919. UNSURE

UNSURE
I am unsure of everything else, but know I
have shouldered my own pure weight  -  like
gold in a medal: obvious, but not of true value.
I can stand tall; all those generals and killers
and soldiers and statesman have nothing on 
me. This life, this life is but a line of moment,
a lemon to take for the drippings. My list,
which I am still reading, comes form far 
away; many of its objects are not Earth
things, and so many I can still not find.
Purloined and taken from me, all else.
-
I do not mind the moment or the matter.
Like fat Burgermeisters eating their
beefsteaks at a bar, things swell and
rise with laughter, and then subside.
I value only that which has no value.
Everything else, it will surely seem,
so quickly fade and pass away.
Yes, I am still unsure.

No comments: