Monday, October 22, 2012

3938. SUSPECT SIDEWRANGLER

SUSPECT SIDEWRANGLER
The to-be brother the one with no keys, the fiery
hand-holder, the marshall herding things back:
that there's the guy I want to know; the one
person with any neck to hang from.
-
There she is, she sits in red : I knew her
when and even then it was crystal clear
she'd already been to Paradise and here.
-
We played cards with death, this guy
and I. He lost, I won, we parted ways,
he disappeared. She came around, with
some violent ways. I saw through her
every stitch and, in spite of everything
else, loved her like she was mine.
-
Now, the sky switches places, and
it turns around. There's no justice
coming, in this one horse town.
(The one's long gone, that man
with no keys  -  he took what was
coming, and left me with these).

No comments: