Thursday, December 22, 2011

3371. A COMIC TRIANGLE

A COMIC TRIANGLE
Two roads converged in a woods:
I took the middle one. Yogi Berra
was it said 'when you come to a fork
in the road, take it.' And additionally
it has been said 'nine-tenths of life is
just showing up' -  you see, you see,
I had no choice and I did not know
what else to do. It is grave
(though, no, not mine)
-
The circumstantial evidence now  -  
leading to a new land, bringing me to
newer places; my mind with my body
aches, even my crying-out teeth are
in terror. And so, just as it is, all
these same people are swarming
again : towards the middle, towards
the formative clay, towards their muddle.
-
I will not lead you on, I will not carry
anyone forth. Bring me your favor, 
carried on a tray, and I will give you,
back, yes, the head of a John the
Baptist. This comedy troupe beckons.
I can be, I really am, all things to all men.

No comments: