Wednesday, December 21, 2011

3369. WAITING FOR THE LIGHT (To Hit the Water)

WAITING FOR THE LIGHT
(To Hit the Water)
I am waiting for the light to hit
the water  -  all those torrid ripples
riding on the surface. This is the
'moment' I await, though it is ruined
by the noise and the presence of others.
Be ruined? Why should it not : prattle is
prattle, and what is not (what we've got)?
-
I notice the little oar bobbing; how it
looks like an arm or a leg on the water  -
who has lost what must first be determined,
and - do we not - anyway all lose ourselves,
apart, piece by piece? Thus is time, and thus
is Life determined.
-
I think of you, in memory, though not
that often : things bleed and merge, meld
and mix  -  the sleeping, tired face, the
joy of lips and trace, the hand upon your
breast, I place  -  and all that crazy pleasure
which it brings. As the Roman God Priapus
asserted : 'Grant me a flowering youth! To
please with my naughty prick, that I may
chase away the worries that harm the soul
and that I may not fear too much the growing
old!' Anyway, why a God would say that,
I'll never know. And I am waiting for
the light to hit the water.

No comments: