Friday, December 9, 2011

3352. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SAY WHAT YOU FEEL

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO
SAY WHAT YOU FEEL
I have stood firm. I have run out of time and
life, both beckoning their ends to me as would
some drug-addled minstrel on the other shore:
the rock-star kind, the asshole with the guitar
strap wedged in his thigh, harmonica-frame
bent 'round his head, noodling some stupid
electric trill in a fading e-string lead. And, to
speak truthfully here, the fact of the matter is,
sensation-wise, I'm bored to tears by it all and
not even sure of what I speak. The insects
are flying the air; their Summer days have
waned as well, and now they slow and die.
-
I me a girl once, deep in the underground
bowels of a Paris hotel. I'll never forget the
moment  -  we rode that little crested wave
in place, right there, until it crashed and
burned around us. I've never experienced
such momentary passion like that again.
The fiery burn of quite truthful lust both
staining and soiling our lives and clothes.
With goodness. With cheer. With all of
that there. We gathered things up, and
simply left. I've never seen her again.
-
Sometimes, it seems, Life runs its own
days, and courses its little river wherever
it wishes to go. The only obstacle is
you, yourself : watching the warp and
weave, thinking you somehow have
every right to say what you feel.

No comments: