Thursday, December 15, 2011

3361. HOW CAN I SAY THIS : HOW CAN I NOT?

HOW CAN I SAY THIS : 
HOW CAN I NOT?
(this still-life holds a table)
I am supposed to have kept you -  
catalogued and noted and punched -
to remain in my notebook. This will never
be. Expansive to a fault, remnants and ideas, 
parts and places, they burst their bounds and
announce me out. Had I but the notion to
remain, (so off-putting, this being in place),
I would have done so. As it is, alas, without
you I go; but you are free, and - yes - that
is all we can be and, yes, all this can remain 
and you can go, or stay, as your whim will
dictate. (We then are all free beings to 
choose who or what to engage. By this
measure, so many engagements are enacted).
-
This still-life holds a table : 'It's anyway, like,
away from New York, you know, and we
have to pull all this together for her by
Saturday morning.' How can I say this:
how can I not?

No comments: