Friday, March 11, 2011

2085. AND BEFORE I GO

AND BEFORE I GO
Will you oscilloscope my radar-finder and send
the jackal into May? Can you obfuscate this
endive and bring forth healthy motion? Seas
and swings, party planks and outdoor grills?
Anything to this you wish to add you may append.
-
At that point, even I myself - watching the screen
in rapt attention - looked away; for right here
they were killing a chicken. Twisting sternly the
ringing neck - a squawk ungodly, a shriek, and
death. Even at that, unsightly still.
-
I am always enamored of waiters in tails and
hostesses in tiny dresses. It simply makes my day.
Of course, if you had noticed, you would have seen
how I winked first, and crossed my fingers as I
spoke, and did any of those ironic things to
show I really meant nothing
of what I said at all.
-
The poor boy rubs his shoulders with the rich.
The rich girl sits down with the poor wretch.
All in all, things have a way of working out -
and all manner of lively living goes on.

No comments: