Saturday, March 26, 2011

3007. RAPIDFIRE CARLOS FIORE

RAPIDFIRE CARLOS FIORE
Books on the shelf, my own books :
Roth, Bellow, Pessoa, Updike, a few,
what the hell. Isiah Berlin, Hart Crane,
Bret Harte, Ginsburg and Ferlinghetti
too. I won't divulge the excess because
this is only a few. My life in idle pages
driving nothing home at all. Purloined
clockwork dickweed verbiage, and
poisoned papers too. I undertook
it all. Killed a King; made him fall.
-
St. Marks Place, 1967. A few dead
kids, a few raw stories, and me.
Cycling the cytronic, fishing
off the pier. Watching the
Normandie sink. Recalling
the Slocum Disaster from
Tompkins Square Park.
That bench where the
queer men all sat.
-
I never was really myself
at all. My life was a fictive
adventure, a story of
dearth, a tale to recall.
I am not from this
Earth. I am yours,
that is all.

No comments: