Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3013. PRACTICING ON THE TARGET

PRACTICING ON THE TARGET
To be forgotten, per se, as it is, exactly,
isn't so bad. Liking pilasters of gold
hasn't much good to be said for it.
That old Springsteen bungalow down
at West Long Branch, Number Seven
and a half, I think it is, it just sits there
lanky and dull now; and the people
living within, they 'ain't got a care.'
-
'I go to work on Tuesdays and come
back for Saturday nights. Wish I had
his money though. Wann'a see the old
old toilet?' Reluctantly, I passed.
-
There's always a hankering from
something of glory - all that crap
from other days, and now the franchise
people and the local fiscal hoodlums
want in too. The man from the magazine
says 'there's too much to be lost by
waiting; too much now to be lost.'
-
Anyway, it's most all bullshit from there;
you can't see the surf, the screen door
never slams, and Mary's long gone.
Like a vision she dances? I think not.

No comments: