Friday, December 3, 2010

1219. JETTISON ME

JETTISON ME
I may have blinked as it went by - the line of
thousands in passing. Forlorn and sorrowful,
elated and joyous, the gay smiles of all those
happy features. And I wouldn't have minded
a thing. At the corner of Wry and Wisteria, the
red stoplight was blinking but no one stopped.
Whatever it signified, that signifier was gone.
-
I'd wrapped this Winter coat around my head,
and now I was suddenly hot. Wet at the brow,
whistling a tune, yeah man, that was me. From
every angle, there was glass and window, each
with something reflected upon it. Weird and
broken angles, like a steamy lagoon.
-
I punched the air for effect. Wanting to
blame a President, I realized there wasn't
a one I could find : Jackson and Truman -
all the rest of those mess-head bastards.
I took off after some girl on a bicycle.
She'd looked my way in passing; only
then did I realize again - that old coat
wrapped around my head.

No comments: