Thursday, December 2, 2010

1215. JUST AS IF THE DOOR WAS CLOSED

JUST AS IF THE
DOOR WAS CLOSED
There shall be rain and wind and snow. There
shall be ice and cold. Just as if the door was
closed, we shall be protected. The stars in
the night reject our sorry openings. Listen up,
there is something else still in the air:
the sound of other times and places.
-
That was chapter one in my mind's-eye inkling :
warblers sunning themselves on the sailboats
of the air, bright yellow flowers dancing in the
light. I was dreaming again, of apples and other
trees with blossoms. Close by the horizon, I
imagined a setting sun. Foretastes of eternity?
-
I sat down by a Summer fence to weep and rest.
Overtaken by events, I realized in an instant that -
no matter what - there is but one way to treat
all fellow men. They each call out for love and
what it gives. Woman, child, man and creature.
Together, twirling immensely as one to the sky.

No comments: