Sunday, February 28, 2010

767. IN THE DARK

IN THE DARK
DON'T MAKE ME LOOK
(to be played at top volume).
You are the craziest kicker I know.
DON'T let me down - take the capstone
from the monument and turn it into bread.
Here's the way it goes : 'ta-da-ta-da bar-ump-ba'.
Something like that. DON'T MAKE me look it up
(either). Now, for the moment, sit back down
and take this in : 'I was the little one, hiding still,
and the one in the back of the dark room
was watching. DON'T MAKE ME have to repeat
this. I left the glass when Glenn came in, and at
that point there was still wine in it. I DON'T know
what happened next. SHE SAYS he got drunk and
lunged at her. Maybe so. I don't know.
They turn the lights out at ten.
So, by then, DON'T MAKE
me have to look for things,
please, in the dark.

No comments: