Monday, February 22, 2010

760. A SABOTAGE

A SABOTAGE
The parsimonious fault that comes with the
wielding : hammer and sickle, and the rest.
Five hundred thousand lost in the mists of
time and history, the vagaries of all the words
of worlds all lost. 'We've buried the stinkers
where they'll ne'er be found. The rebels and
the rabble together.' That's how the authorities
talked. Nomenklatura, to be sure.
-
I was heavy with the sheaves of my work.
Bent by my back, my bones creaked for
want of solution. Each day another struggle
ensued. I ate the leather of my shoes
and the bark of trees.
-
An entire other side to the story.
We tried bringing it all into the
light of day. But Stalin, the henchmen
who waded through filth for him,
and the hunger of paupers did the
job for us, and better than
we ever could. Now, it
is, everywhere, over
and silent.

No comments: