Tuesday, February 9, 2010

734. NEGATIVE VACATION

NEGATIVE VACATION
Underfoot the ice barks - a resounding crack
of 'where not to be'. I'd much rather not understand
The darkness is thick like a brush - a harsh scrub
on a dirty scalp. There is so much not to be seen.
At this time of morning, no shadows even try
leading you on. Such quiet becomes me.
-
Were I to sink in this brash disdain, I think
I could only perish once. A singularity such as
that is gladly accepted; a peril undergone
willingly. My winsome spirit seeks to fly,
in this manner finding its own distant sky.
-
I've not lingered here for nothing. Breadloaf Mountain,
Scalinger's Hill, North Pomay Point. Each of these
places hold memories, but things I'd rather forget.
Who cares of that listing boat sinking in the sound,
the cave at the bottom of Aubrey's Meadow, the
old cabin where Lentinon stayed for the Winter?

No comments: