Saturday, February 6, 2010

731. COUNTING UPON REDEMPTION

COUNTING UPON REDEMPTION
1. Someone hard and fast and soft
and stern and demanding and sour too.
All so defined; as it had been, by the
legendary Cloud-Maker Firebush
Original Burning-Man - that old
volcanic deity of dumbness, God.
Be-Bop-Ba-Diddley-Bop. Him
groweth home-grown bloweth
blown, Jazz-King morning sunlight
movie-man marquee moon mash.

2. Swing low Sweet Harriet coming for
to carry my bone, swing low sweet
chariot, coming for to carry me home.
I - bop be diddly pe-dad dah! - looked
over - be dum bop! - Jordan and
what did I see? A band of angels coming
for me - wha-za-sha-bomp-wa! -
coming for to carry me home.

3. The morning sunlight pales itself along
and crying on past the horizon old moon
new moon hanging ring-in-white while the
smoke a million mornings rises - one million
mornings, man! - and lingers its mark like a
broad medallion in a long and lazy-lit sky.
If we are the birds, we sing; we do that very
bird-like thing without thinking at all and
all of that goes just goes and all and all
be-bop-a-diddley-lu-a-baby, yeah!

No comments: