Thursday, February 25, 2010

762. INCANTATION

INCANTATION
(not at all)

My time and its intentions are of
a momentary infraction - I lose things,
and they reappear later on, I put things
away and they become hopelessly lost.
Like the ship, floundering or lost at sea,
whose Captain knows it should be headed
somewhere but cannot find that place - nor the
means to reach it - I stand a'watch over this
buckling plain, wondering what to do.
-
The wood shines, a wicked veneer.
The water pools, making puddles on
the shiny surface. I see nothing but
the reflections before me. The entire
world thereby is rippled and alluded to,
but just as much as that - unreal.
What shines is only light
from other light.
-
Parade my monsters before your cloth.
Let us examine what we see, and how
we see it. All that moves is what's
before. All that moves is holy...
No, rather, all that moves
is what is moving.

No comments: