Sunday, March 29, 2009

300. TAKING ORDERS

TAKING ORDERS
And once the angry man said
'I don't have a life, I have a wife!',
I knew there'd be trouble coming.
It's the sort of thing I hate to see.
Then the crowd took up the chant:
'I hate everything, I'm sick of this shit,
I just want to burn this whole place down,
I've had it up to here with all this crap!'
-
There's always an edge to which one
should NOT get too close. Mental gymnastics
and the sleight-of-hand, eventually even they
fail. The entire edifice crumbles like dust.
It's so bad, actually, that you have to
walk THROUGH it all just to get out.
-
In the Army you're trained to take orders.
The pizza guy on the other end of the phone,
he takes orders. The salesgirl in the bridal
department, she takes orders. The whole world's
a mess. Oh my God! I'm sounding just like them.

No comments: