Monday, March 23, 2009

287. OK THEN

OK THEN
OK, then. Here's what I think:
That title has to go, as does the story
where the debonair old fellow brings that
beautiful young hooker up to his room. None
of that works - in context or out. Old men can be
disgusting, and young girls are a cliche.
Well, that's what I say.
-
OK, then. I could change my mind if
you forced me to, or - perhaps - if she came
my way. In the proper respect, with the distance
a wealthy old guy deserves - sitting regal and
exalted at the Carlyle Hotel where his table always
awaits - I could understand (maybe) the situation better.
She would have to wear white gloves and a very stylish
outfit. Beautiful hands and beautiful eyes. Maybe then
I could figure what the story describes.
(In that case, I'll be waiting).

No comments: