Wednesday, March 11, 2009

264. LIKE TIME

LIKE TIME
....Raised up in a bottle, like time
and the weather. The most important
part of a watch is the mainspring. I was
told that after I said I thought it was the face.
Someone else said the crystal; another thought
the band. It was (actually) right about then that I
thought to myself - 'what the hell am I doing here?'
I wound up leaving.
-
OK, so that was a joke of sorts.
-
This time - so late in the ending of Winter -
makes me think of other things with a wild
abandon of will and intention. I want to see
those crazy forsythias bloom, and watch
the purple hemlocks and dogwoods prosper and
throw out their flowers like a bride's own confetti.
-
It's time for a change!
'...and ain't I a'ready!'

1 comment:

Claire Vimala Anderson said...

oh god
'wound up'
how the mind works!