Monday, June 26, 2023

16.363. MY SAVAGE DESPERATION

MY SAVAGE DESPERATION
The birds have gone from off the
ledge. There was supposed to be a
band, in town, somewhere today, at
the bandshell, but I heard nothing.
No matter. At noon and nine the fire
whistle blows; a sort of central
notification for a town still afraid 
from its last conflagration. Any
of that has GOT to be better than
my savage desperation.
-
At night, all night, for me, this all
turns ghoulishly wrong : my mind reels,
expanding my imagined troubles into
new and worse grotesqueries. I have 
nowhere to turn, no friends, no kin, 
here, in a place like this. The power 
is worse than the wish.
-
I'm pretty sure, for me, this is the end of
of the line. I'm scared and I'm desperate;
like in a savage way, when a glass no
longer will hold water. (And the
birds are gone from the ledge).

No comments: