Wednesday, May 18, 2022

14,316. WITHIN A FINER DEFINITION OF SELF

WITHIN A FINER 
DEFINITION OF SELF
I shall not amble and I shall not
wander; seeking only new shores
for this run-down craft to dock.
The sky seems limitless over these
jaunty waters, yet I realize anew 
it's all illusion. I'm sure a rain
is brewing, even as I talk.
-
There's no matter to that, and
nothing amiss  -  for I've grown
accustomed to all these things. 
Your gown shadows your body,
though with sunlight behind you,
I still can see through. Nice.
-
Not two hours ago, you were in
my clutches. These boats can float
for hours untethered. No one ever 
nears as we drift in our dreams of
each other a'sea.
-
I can't say what I'm meaning, though
I do mean what I say. How far shall
we float? Is tomorrow like today?

No comments: