Sunday, May 1, 2022

14,282. IF YOU HAVE TO WONDER

IF YOU HAVE TO WONDER
If you have to wonder how 
everything got so screwed 
up, then I'd think it can't
be so very bad. If so, you 
wouldn't be needing to 
wonder about it at all.
-
It would just jump out at
your face. Despoiled oceans
and water; macadam and
highway runoffs fouling
the rivers and streams. The
houses and towers, built on
tawdry muck and causing
all poison and ills to occur.
-
'If not now, when?' I laugh
when I hear that stuff: 'Be
the change you want to see
in the world.' What a bunch
of horsehair garbage: Those
feel-goody meditation types,
with their yoga mats and 
their Thich Nhat Hanh.
-
I laugh to my reservation, to
think of all the slaughtered 
and maimed  -  a country here
now pretending it never did
anything quite that wrong. All
so that the Peloton and the 
Lulumon can make their
American dollar.
-
Hide me out, where no sun
shines. I want to run far away
from what's there. I guess that
if Truth had a bevel axis, it
would swing far from here.




No comments: