Monday, May 2, 2022

14,285. IN ALL THE GLORIES

IN ALL THE GLORIES
'Let's see you, Cholly Chaplin,
before you leave, OK?' In all
the glories that were Rome,
there was nothing as good as
was Pompei. Do you know 
what I mean, my friend?
-
I like quotes, and crazy sayings,
and the utterances of perceived
fools: The paralyzed guy, in the
wheel chair, fearing a robbery,
who says, "I sometimes think,
what if a guy came into this
office, and me behind this desk,
what if he says 'Stick 'em up!'
do you think he'd wait until I
explained that my arms were
paralyzed? He'd let me have it!
I'm a hopeless wreck!'
-
Poor chump, I feel for him.
Those beautiful maidens who
work for Death, in their most
beautiful gossamer gowns, 
they can't see themselves in 
their mirrors, because their 
mirrors were filled with their
beautiful breasts.
-
Madame Yesteryear, and her
wholesome dove. Not like a
slave scourged at her quarry,
but more like a noble, stoical
Greek of classical days.'

No comments: