Wednesday, May 26, 2021

13,621. NEEDING TO TURN AWAY

NEEDING TO TURN AWAY
The stringbasket has a needle in its
arm-rest, and it gets me every time.
I can maybe float for miles with some
small blood dripping down  -  but
nothing more than harm will come
to me. It's been like this for years.
-
When Planet Deburon was excluded
from our listing, there was little time
to learn to breath that other strange
air; but before long we did; having
no other chance. Though it wrecked 
our celestial nerves, we all settled
to different places. And. I. Chose.
Earth, (no mystery there, Earthgirl).
-
Changing patterns of thought and
word was always a difficult thing,
like trying to switch a saliva in the
self-same mouth. Disgusting as
simile, but useful as thought. To
get across my strange idea?
-
Never such a countdown loomed.
Does Earth know it too is doomed?

No comments: