Monday, February 22, 2016

7836. JUST THE WAY

JUST THE WAY
Just the way that nothing ever gelled, so
the pattern-fixtures of my own life are
broken  -  a little here, and this goes to that.
I don't understand the world. No one speaks
a real word; they all just walk along. Three
men, digging up the street once more  -  for
pipes and wires. The lady with her dog just
wanders by, showing no interest whatsoever.
I wonder how blank blank can get.
-
The caption would read, I suppose, 'she's
oblivious once more.' And then they walk
each other straight to their selected graves,
before noticing a thing. How sad is all that?
Over by the curb, some big guy in a rented
car sits idly in his driving seat. Oh well,
I have my own book that I'm writing in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this enjoyable post

gary j. introne said...

Thanks back, Martin. I'm always so happy to hear from you here. gar