Monday, February 15, 2016

7811. TWO TIME MODEL CAPTURE

TWO TIME MODEL CAPTURE
(1970 blues)
Cowboy Joe from 79th, yeah I remember him.
He always came down here with a liquor bottle 
and a cap gun. That little crowd he ran with, like
Warhol guys or something, they were always
dressing up, wearing some disguise. Taking
massive amounts of stupid kinds of drugs. A
lot of it was gay shit going on, but not all.
They talked a lot and fast. Or then sometimes,
they just stared. Music was their interest too.
Funny fabrics, make-up, big-hats. I never
liked it when he came around.
-
A few years later I saw him on TV. He 
was taking credit for something  -  I mean 
something big, like claiming the cultural 
shift in the 1960's was all because of him. 
And his friends too; he didn't claim it all 
alone. I remember his quote  -  the moderator 
made a big deal of it  -  'This wasn't home to 
millworkers, after all. It was New York 
Fucking City, the Center of the world.'
-
Gotta' give him credit, at least for that. 
Nice words, if you can get them, and he 
could get them as he tried. To coin a phrase 
myself. It was only about two months later,
I saw he'd made the cover of Esquire Magazine.

No comments: