Thursday, February 18, 2016

7824. IF EVER I WENT TO MARKET

IF EVER I WENT 
TO MARKET
The kaleidoscopic sky was fooling me.
There were ribbons of light, but they 
were at the ends of my eyes, my vision, 
my scene. Like a mountaineer out my 
window; something that shouldn't have 
been. The pizza man, on the other hand, 
was an ordinary boring old welt of a
guy  -  flipping dough while watching 
the wall-mounted TV. It was telling 
nothing, ever, never did; but he was 
watching anyway - always always did.
I figured that just went with the territory,
slinging pies or hearing lies, no difference.
Two kids came in, they were arguing about
fireworks, of all things  -  blockbusters and
M80's, whatever that meant and whatever 
they mean. One was greater than the other.
Like some Algebra scene only mixed up 
kids could understand. They ordered four 
slices and a two sodas, between them. Idle
away another day, my fellows. Go. But too
soon to go to market, whatever your futures
hold, keep away. Work, or women, keep away.
You'll need your strength for other things.

No comments: