Saturday, February 23, 2013

4139. HE CAME BACK ALL LAME AND SUTURED

HE CAME BACK ALL
LAME AND SUTURED
-(even now, all the water is calm)-
Buster Bob Hopalong Cassidy Lefty Frizzel
buttering muffins in a gingerbread Hell. It's all
the fault of love. I know, and I saw it - when
the water rode over Brooklyn's Red Hook and
even the ferry boats stopped and the armories
were all closed over. The comedians came by
for lessons and the Statue of Liberty sank.
-
The justices - are there really any when there
is no Justice? - decreed: 'calling him tough
doesn't make him St. Paul,' and the bum by the
Brooks Brothers store came over to me. 'All these
models, they have no heads', he laughed. I smiled
back and said 'and what then are they trying to tell
us? Oh my brother's son, I am a Sethian forever.'
-
The thunder has a perfect intellect - it roars
and rolls and rumbles, loud, and then shuts
down for quiet; and even now all the water
is calm. Even now, all the water is calm.

No comments: