Friday, February 8, 2013

4106. DERRIERE NEW ENGLAND

DERRIERE NEW ENGLAND
They washed down their cats at some halftime show,
a sporting event of delicious intent : all those naked
ladies come running through the snow. High above,
three starboard fighter jets did maneuvers, dipping
the sky in a lunge and a weave made for ice cream
and candy together. The massive crowd swelled and
pulsed, screaming and moaning, spitting out its liquid
powers while dribbling down the drool. This was one
spectacular moment : Patrick Henry forget it.
-
I sat with Hawthorne while he cried. The big oaf
could not get over the cheerleading girls, and the
magic carpet ride he'd always imagined.' Everything',
he said, 'has gotten so mixed up - my gables are
now all Clarks and the name Scarlett has taken over
my hue. O'Hara and Johannsen to name but a few.'
-
Last I knew he'd flown with the sky curtain just as
it opened up. A raging cloud had descended and
a fierce music played. 'Where are you going, Nate?',
I asked. 'I can't answer now', he said, 'I'm too dismayed.'

No comments: