Sunday, November 25, 2012

3991. THE TOPLESS GLIMMER OF YOUR END

THE TOPLESS GLIMMER
OF YOUR END
One theory a day makes it all happen  -  the
moon is strung like a pearl in its own darkening
firmament  -  with nothing really much to show.
All those people from a million years past, they've
said pretty much the same. The blessing of Jacob
in Genesis 49. No, no, that's nothing at all :
'Benjamin is a ravenous wolf; in the morning
he consumes the spoils, and in the evening he
divides plunder  -  this, while a lion's whelp
is Judah.' All that tribal crap has now
gone so wrong.
-
I have known the wind, and I have
known the fire, and  -  in so many ways  -
they are both the self-same things. The
country has such a languid energy, and these
spoils should be divided. ('you were righteous
in your ways, from the day you were created;
until Evil was found in you')...
-
I shall demonstrate sadly my love for the
willow. I shall lie down with lion and lamb.
The topless glimmer of your wild end, I
shall caress this with my hand.
-
'The scepter shall not depart from Judah,
nor shall the staff from beneath his feet,
until Shiloh comes to him  -  and the
obedience of the nations shall be his.'
-
They wanted a craftsman to take over
this town, and they got it. He comes with
his tally board and his arches. The watchman
may be watching, yes, but he sees nothing.
I entreat. I have known the wind and I
have known the fire, and they are the
selfsame thing, and there is nothing at
all to see.  I've grown tired of all this
lily-white fuss. I seek to vacate my
place at once : initiating at least a
leave of my own accord.
-
How apt is all of that for this day
and age? I am the closer, and I shall
upend all of your doors and lintels.
Up on high, the opaque black sky
glimmers on : I have known the
wind, and I have known the fire.

No comments: