Thursday, November 8, 2012

3963. IT WAS MY MATTER

IT WAS MY MATTER
(madness again)
Stabat Mater Dolorosa, prime factional dispute,
incarnated absolutism, phantom limbs and fireworks
too. My Father God Almighty, we are living now for
nothing at all. I walked the heath, tasted fresh water,
drank all the raw milk from your cows. In Norway, I
swabbed the circular barn with blue paint from a pail
the foreman had given, never saying a word I stayed
to my task. The river was running frozen, and all those
ladies had lost their nerve. We chased down the
tortured rocks, recall? Out peat fire hinged on your
looming disaster. Four new Kings from the outer
lands kept us company for three long days.
-
And now, the loving respite having summoned my
soul, I lounge back and think of your daughter  -  yes,
yes, the fairest one, with that twinkle in her eyes and
her face. Her hirsute boyfriend, I can still see him
too, leering at me like some engineer on a badly
running train; looking down at the rails beneath
him, trying to see what passes, and how.

No comments: