Friday, November 23, 2012

3988. I WAS WATCHING

I WAS WATCHING
They jumped that guy at the siding as I watched.
I saw them bash his face with that sawdust broom.
It was over so quickly, three against one  -  the brooding
call of violence always makes me wince. The something
heavy fell from up above. A skylight brace in this old
warehouse shed had broken loose. It fell straight onto
one guy's back and shoulder. He went down like a
silhouette and never moved again. The others ran
off, even the nitwit bleeding to death from his face.
How is it that some men can be so stupid? How is
it that others, even if considered smart, can still
act as if the only crucial thing is life was
breathing and breeding? The fact that
they sound alike means nothing at all.
I watched as all this transpired.

No comments: